Friday, 20 February 2009
Tapestry weaving again
I've discovered the cause of the problem if not the way to solve it. The problem with the cartoon not matching happened when I advanced the warp. When I moved the warp back to the original position, the problem disappeared and all looked well. I just need to figure out how to advance the warp without that happening by either drawing the design on the warp or cutting and removing the paper after re-pinning that would get caught in the warp wrapped around the end of the loom. I think I may try that first as at this point I cannot draw the whole design on the warp as suggested by someone on my LJ. Drawing only the part I need right now may leave me with a problem later on. I've gone back to doing more weaving with the warp in its original position and will try re-pinning the cartoon to the weaving.