Monday, 4 August 2008

My new project

My next project is another set of sleeves for another persian robe. I have completed the outlining on one sleeve and have started filling it in. I realize that how I did the outlining made it a bit confusing as to which colours went where, but now that I've got some filled in, it is clearer.
Here is a picture of the progress I have made so far. This project is my summer project as I've not felt like having the cloak on my lap much. Even if my husband decides to have me fill the pattern on his cloak, it may have to wait until cooler weather.

The fabric is a very soft blue wool that I absolutely adore. The design is being stitched using a fine silk. I'm very happy with how it is going so far, especially since I'm doing much better at keeping the stitches smaller and much neater than my last set of sleeves.


Melisende Fitzwalter said...

That is going to be absolutley gorgeous when its ready!

Jahanarabanu said...

I agree, this is looking fabulous. I think this silk is much better suited for work on wool and for such a fine project. I can't wait to see these in person.